Beef & Broccoli Stir Fry
Who doesn't like Chinese food?
- 4 (4-6 ounce steak preferably tenderloin)
- 1 head of green broccoli
- 2 Tbsp vegetable oil divided
- 1 Tbsp Teriyaki sauce
- 1/3 Cup soy sauce
- 2 tsp crushed garlic divided
- 2 tsp fresh ginger crushed
- 1/4 tsp black pepper
- 1/4 tsp crushed red pepper (optional)
- 1/2 Cup chicken stock or water
- 2 tsp corn starch
- 2 green onions sliced
- Mix all the ingredients starting with Teriyaki sauce and ending with crushed red pepper. make sure you save half the amount of the garlic for the stir fry.
- Use half the amount of the marinade to marinade the steaks for 30 min, save the other half of the marinade.
- cut the broccoli into small florets
- After 30 minutes take the steak out of the marinade and dry each steak with a paper towel.
- in a large skillet. add 1 Tbsp of oil on high heat, when hot place the the steak in the skillet and sear for 3 minutes on each side, remove and set aside and let rest for at least 15 minutes covered. Cut into thin strips.
- in the same skillet, add 1 Tbsp oil on high heat, add the garlic and green onions and stir fry for 30 seconds.
- add the broccoli to the skillet and stir fry for another minute
- mix the corn starch in the remaining half of the marinade
- add the beef strips to the broccoli and stir fry for another minute
- add the marinade with the corn starch and bing to immerse for 2 minutes
- taste and adjust flavor with salt and pepper to taste.
- serve with cooked rice and chopsticks, enjoy!