Ricotta Stuffed Pancakes
This is actually a recipe that is made for dessert more than it is for breakfast. Its middle eastern pancakes or rather "Atayyif" that are dairy free and are stuffed with ricotta cheese which creates a nice balance as a stuffing.
- 2 C AP flour
- 1/2 C fine semolina
- 1/4 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp instant yeast
- 2 Tbsp sugar syrup (Ater)
- 2 1/2 C water (room temp)
- 1 Tbsp rosewater
- Mix all the above ingredients together and wait for the batter to proof and some bubbles to start forming, about 20 minutes.
- Bring a non stick skillet on medium heat till hot but not smoking.
- lower heat to low, add about 1/4 C of batter into skillet so it forms a round shape.
- leave it for few minutes till the pancake starts forming bubbles on top and is almost dry.
- DO NOT FLIP THE PANCAKE!
- Remove with a spatula and set aside on a flat dish.
- Repeat step 3 and so on and so forth till the batter is gone.
- Stuff each pancake with a really good quality ricotta cheese like (Calabro, white rose..).
- Pinch the pancake from both ends so that its half way closed like in the picture above.
- Garnish with ground unsalted pistachios.
- Drizzle with sugar syrup (Ater) or the syrup of your choice!