Halloumi Pesto Salad
This is an extremely simple and delicious salad to make, I promise!
- 6 Cups baby spinach or arugula
- 1 Cup sliced strawberries
- 6 Ounces of a Halloumi cheese or Queso Blanco sliced 1/4 inch thick
- 2 Tablespoons butter
- 1/3 Cup kirkland brand basil pesto sauce or any good quality pesto
- 1/4 Cup chopped walnuts, pecans or almond (optional)
- Wash the spinach or arugula and dry well.
- Melt the butter in a medium size skillet on medium heat, then add the sliced cheese and sear for 2 minutes on each side. Remove from heat and set aside.
- Divide the spinach or arugula on 4 plates.
- Top with strawberries, nuts and the seared cheese.
- drizzle with the pesto sauce, enjoy!