- 11/2 Cup dry chick peas soaked overnight with water and dried
- 1 small onion
- 1 clove garlic
- 1/4 Cup cilantro leaves
- 1/4 Cup parsley leaves
- 1 Tbsp dill
- 1/2 tsp of each of the following:
- coriander powder, onion powder, garlic powder, all spice powder and ginger powder.
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp black pepper
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 2 Tablespoons tahini paste
- 2 tables spoons water
- 1 tsp fresh lemon juice
- salt to taste
- mix well until smooth
- Mix the first 6 ingredients in a blender and add 2 Tbsp of water and mix well till you have a smooth dough
- Add the spices to the falafel dough and mix well.
- Take a tablespoonful of the dough and make it into a round patty and try and flatten it.
- Deep fry in hot oil then lower the heat on the fryer once the falafel is in it and fry till golden brown (3-5) minutes.
- Serve with pita bread and tahini sauce and garnish with chopped parsley, tomatoes and pickles. Enjoy!