Beef & Cheddar Buns
- 3 tablespoons salted butter
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 4 pieces of tenderloin steak (1 inch thickness preferably)
- 3 medium size onions sliced
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoons mustard
- 1/2 cup shredded cheddar or swiss cheese
- a handful of chopped lettuce
- salt and pepper to taste
- 4 croissants, french bread or any bread you prefer
- In a medium size skillet, place 1 tablespoon butter and 1 tablespoon olive oil on medium high heat. Sprinkle the steaks with salt and pepper. Add the steaks to the skillet and cook for 5 minutes on each side for medium, remove and set aside to rest.
- In the same skillet, add the rest of the butter and oil, add the sliced onions and cook on medium heat till caramelized and brown in color, about 20-25 minutes.
- Slice each steak into thin strips.
- Cut the bread buns in half, spread a tablespoon of mayo and 1 teaspoon of mustard, add the lettuce. top with the slices steak then add some cheese then the caramelized onions. spread the other half of the bread with another spoon of mayo. enjoy!